Patron Services Manager
Curious Theatre Company (AEA SPT3, Denver, CO) seeks a service-focused and detail-oriented individual to lead our front of house operations. The Patron Services Manager is a vital part of the Curious team that oversees the box office, concessions/bar, and house management, ensuring our patrons receive the highest level of service. This position has direct supervision over our front of house team; that team is made up of individuals that rotate duties and are cross-trained on all FOH positions. Vital to this position are a keen focus on customer service, ability to manage part-time employees and volunteers, and an acute attention to detail.
Behavioral Traits and Attitudes
An ideal candidate will have these traits.
- Excellent manager with the ability to engage and inspire part-time employees and volunteer ushers.
- Enjoy autonomy and relish in responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen well and be a good problem solver.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to make judgment calls.
- Excellent time management and project planning skills. Able to coordinate and execute multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment and embrace change.
Examples of Duties
The following are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Ticketing & CRM System
- Manage all aspects of Spektrix Ticketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software functions.
- Take and process ticket and subscription orders on the phone, in person, and via mailed-in reply cards.
- Build all shows and subscription packages as well as subsequent reports in Spektrix software. Test and ensure accuracy of configuration, operation and reporting.
- Ensure accuracy of all Box Office and Concession cash, check, and credit card transactions including but not limited to ticket sales, refunds, vouchers, gift certificates, exchanges, and releases.
- Ensure all equipment, hardware, and software is functioning properly and manage resolutions.
Concessions & Bar Management
- Manage and monitor the inventory of the concession stand, maintaining accurate records of usage for our financial reporting.
- Order and restock the concessions as needed.
- Maintain tips-certification and ensure staff is all tips-certified.
- Ensure theatre is properly stocked on paper goods and other supplies.
- Schedule and supervise part-time front of house representatives.
- Lead, create, and empower a positive and professional team atmosphere within Front of House staff that provides excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Manage night of show events as needed.
- Serve as the volunteer coordinator for our volunteer usher corps, holding annual trainings and scheduling volunteers on a show-by-show basis.
Physical Job Requirements
Applicants must be able to climb stairs carrying 30 lbs. in order to stock the bar, which is located in the balcony of the theatre. Applicants should feel comfortable standing for long periods of time for performance shifts.
Salary & Hours
Full-time, exempt. Salary is $30,000 annually. Benefits included. The Patron Services Manager serves in our box office from 2-7pm Tuesday-Saturday and works occasional evenings during show runs to maintain proper oversight of staff. There is flexibility in when the remaining hours of the 40-hour workweek are completed.
Send cover letter detailing how your past experience applies to this position and your resume to Katie Maltais, Managing Director, at email@example.com. No calls, please. Applications accepted until position is filled. Curious Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse applicants to apply.
Curious hires run crew positions on a show-by-show basis. Our run crew work as dressers, scenic movers, and properties coordinators. Please email Phoebe Saks at firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of interest and which production runs you are fully available.
Interns at Curious gain practical experience in arts administration and theatre production. Internships are currently offered in the areas of development, marketing, technical theatre, education, and artistic administration/production management. Curious Theatre Company internships are unpaid.
The duration of the internships may vary by department. Candidates should be actively pursuing the field of specialty or a relevant field of study. Individuals should be ambitious and driven, outgoing and personable, and possess excellent skills in writing and communication.
To apply: email a cover letter with your particular interests, a copy of your current resume and three references to Katie Maltais at email@example.com.
Submissions for the 2017-18 Season are now closed. Curious Theatre Company only accepts plays submitted through an agency.